Title - Divisional Head, Services
Location – Head Office, Lagos
This position reports to the Managing Director/CFO. The job holder along with the main duties of Financial Control will also supervise the Treasury, Information Technology and Corporate Services team leads.
The Divisional Head, Services is actively responsible for supporting, developing and implementing the Company’s strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements, managing the administration function of the company, and coordinating office processes and procedures to ensure organizational and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide crucial financial data and work with executive management to coordinate all financial planning functions with business operations
- Support the Directors and Senior Management Team with business planning activities, providing practical and creative input in the development of new business initiatives, the design of current and future strategic and operational plans and will bring discipline to the strategic decision making process to manage the effective use of business resources.
- Manage all financial risks for the company and support the risk management strategy
- Manage day-to-day activities in treasury functions to meet the financial obligations of the organization
- Forecast, manage and mitigate any associated risks within the Treasury function, manage banking relationships and set a clear, well-defined Treasury strategy that aligns with Finance’s and Company’s overall objectives.
- Ensure the coherent and effective management of the processes, systems and people required to design, develop, deliver and improve technology services to meet Company’s present and future needs.
- Responsible for the leadership of the service management team and will recruit, lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of direct reports, building a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver the required results.
- Ensure overall financial management, control and stewardship of the IT assets and resources used in the provision of technology services leading to the development of continual improvement plans to ensure that technology services adequately support both current and future business needs.
- Ensure the coherent and effective management of the processes, systems and people required to design, develop, deliver and improve technology services to meet Company’s needs now and in the future.
- Take responsibility for analyzing and coordinating relationships with key stakeholders and third-party suppliers to ensure the successful delivery of technology services to the company.
- Responsible for the preparation for new or changed services with full oversight of the change process and the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards as well as managing the performance of existing systems and services.
Qualifications and Experience
First degree in Accounting or Finance related discipline (B.Sc./HND)
Certified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
Additional qualification (M.Sc. in accounting or related discipline and MBA) will be an advantage
Minimum of 15 years work experience in a well-established corporate organization
Experience as a Group Head, Head of Operations or Chief Operations Officer will be an advantage
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Accounting and other aspects of accounting in general i.e. treasury operations, Investment, Audit, Internal control etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Investment Accounting
- Good knowledge of the impact of Code of Corporate Governance
- Ability to understand Investment transactions and give appropriate accounting interpretation as required by various laws & standards
- Good Knowledge of relevant Accounting standards i.e. IFRS, IAS etc.
- Ability to think ‘’outside the box’’
- Ability to interpret financial reports and gain meaningful insight into it
- Must be very IT savvy.
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to deal with tight timelines, multiple priorities
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Very good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice that can move the company forward from financial reporting perspective
- Creative, forward thinker
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills