Our client, an integrated indigenous Oil and Gas company, is looking to recruit an Internal Auditor who will be responsible for providing assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the organizations internal control environment and risk management framework. The ideal candidate will be exposed to virtually all areas of the company’s operation hence he MUST be a self -starter, self-motivated and very detailed.
Implementation of audit plan
- Drive prompt resolution of audit issues raised
- Carry out risk assessment
- Implementation of feedback from Board Audit Committee and any other relevant Board Committee
- Management of external auditor activities.
- Drive compliance with Tax regulations
- Provide process improving recommendations
- Manage third party contractors including forensic accounting and auditing firms.
- Respond to company emergency situations that may require travels at short notice
- Year on year improvement in external survey rating reports
- Investigation of all reported incident
- Participate in various audit activities as required
- Provide timely and relevant business and client performance data and market intelligence for effective management decision making
- Prepare periodic audit reports
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Degree in Accounting or related discipline
Work experience, Skill /Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years Oil and Gas experience in a similar role is mandatory
- High initiative and ability to work with no supervision
- MS Office and exposure to ERP systems.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.